The Following Philippine Drama Chicken Afritada Replay in HD Video Quality Online. Stay Tuned To Watch The Latest PinoyFlix as Well as Pinoy Tambayan on Daily Basis. Chicken Afritada Today Full Episode at Pinoy Lambingan.
Chicken Afritada PinoyFlix
Chicken Afritada is simmered until perfectly tender in a fresh tomato-based sauce with potatoes, carrots, and bell peppers. This classic Filipino stew is easy to make and budget-friendly yet hearty and flavorful. Perfect for family dinners and special occasions!
Chicken Afritada is a classic Filipino stew made of beef, pork, chicken, or fish braised in tomato sauce with potatoes, carrots, and bell peppers. It is a flavorful and hearty dish that’s commonly served for everyday family meals and special occasions.
- Chicken– Bone-in chicken works best in this recipe as it brings a deeper flavor. If you prefer boneless, choose thigh fillets as the breast can turn dry and chewy in the slow cooking process.
- Roma Tomatoes– use ripe tomatoes as they’re sweeter and juicier
- Vegetables– potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, and sweet peas extend servings and add color and texture.
- Fish sauce– adds umami flavor
While I use canned tomato sauce for pork afritada, I prefer fresh tomatoes for my chicken version. It may entail a little more effort than opening a can, but it does bring a certain freshness and depth of flavor that’s worth the extra work.
To make the afritadang manok ultra-special for a party, I like to add juicy pineapples, which bring a fruity sweetness that complements the savory flavors of the dish. Filipino-style hot dogs, ham, or Vienna sausages are a fun and tasty addition to easily extend servings.
- Cut the potatoes and carrots into uniform size to ensure even cooking. Pan-fry them before adding to the stew to help them keep shape and from falling apart.
- If you prefer a thicker sauce, add about a tablespoon of tomato paste.
How to store and serve
- Chicken Afritada is delicious as a main dish for lunch or dinner with steamed rice. It’s also great for parties or special gatherings and is sure crowd pleaser!
- Store leftovers in a airtight container and refrigerate for up to three days or freeze for up to 2 months.
- To reheat, place in a saucepan and heat over medium heat to an internal temperature of 165 F.