The Following Philippine Drama Ginataang Puso ng Saging Replay in HD Video Quality Online. Stay Tuned To Watch The Latest PinoyFlix as Well as Pinoy Tambayan on Daily Basis. Ginataang Puso ng Saging Today Full Episode at Pinoy Lambingan.
Ginataang Puso ng Saging PinoyFlix
Looking for an easy side dish that’s full-on flavor? Try Ginataang Puso ng Saging made with banana heart, pork, coconut milk, and chili peppers. It’s creamy, tasty, and the perfect pair to grilled meat or fish.
Puso ng saging, or banana blossom, is one of my favorite things to cook. In fact, you’ll find a good few recipes on the blog made with this vegetable and each one is as delicious as the other.
To add to our list of banana blossom recipes is my newest favorite, ginataang puso ng saving. If you’re looking for an easy vegetable side dish that’s full of flavor, this is it!
This sauteed banana heart with tender pork and coconut sauce is sure to hit the spot! It’s creamy, spicy, and pairs well with your favorite grilled meat or fish.
This creamy banana heart stir-fry is quick and easy to make and most of the work involved is preparing the banana heart which needs to be salted to rid of its acrid sap.
How to Prepare Banana Heart:
- Remove and discard the fibrous outer layers and the yellow flowers (“baby bananas”) until you reach the pale, softer core.
- Using a knife, cut and discard the stem portion.
- Cut vertically into two halves.
- Slice each half thinly.
- In a bowl, place shredded banana heart and about 2 tablespoons rock salt. Let sit for about 10 to 15 minutes. Squeeze well to dispel liquid and rinse a few times under cold, running water to remove saltiness.
- Place in a bowl of cold water until ready to use to keep from discoloring.
- Four pounds of banana heart may sound a lot, but once you peel the outer layer and get to the edible core, you’ll yield roughly four to five cups of shredded puso.
- The recipe calls for pork belly which cooks to melt-in-your tender and brings plenty of flavor. You can also use shrimp or flaked tinapa for a switch up in protein.
- I used two Thai chili peppers (sili labuyo) to spice things up but feel free to use more or less according to taste.
How to serve and store
- Ginataang puso ng saging is delicious for lunch or dinner with steamed rice and grilled or fried fish.
- As the dish contains coconut milk, it spoils quicker than most foods. For food safety, do not leave outside of refrigeration for more than two hours.
- Transfer leftovers to a container with a lid and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Reheat in a pan over medium heat or in the microwave at 2 to 3 -minute intervals until completely heated through.