The Following Philippine Drama Melon Chiller Replay in HD Video Quality Online. Stay Tuned To Watch The Latest PinoyFlix as Well as Pinoy Tambayan on Daily Basis. Melon Chiller Today Full Episode at Pinoy Lambingan.
Melon Chiller PinoyFlix
Sweet, creamy, and oh so refreshing! Try this Melon Chiller with juicy cantaloupe shreds and condensed milk. It is the ultimate thirst quencher, especially for hot summer days.
Melon Chiller is a type of Filipino refreshment made with shredded cantaloupe, water, condensed milk, and ice. It is a popular street drink or samalamig usually sold alongside sago’t gulaman and buko juice, in plastic bags with straws.
It’s a cool, refreshing drink the whole family would love! The perfect way to refresh on hot and sticky summer days!
What you’ll need
- Cantaloupe– is a type of melon with orange flesh. It’s available year-round, but it’s at its sweetest during the summertime.
- Sweetened condensed milk- adds a sweet and creamy flavor. You can substitute evaporated milk for this recipe and add sugar according to taste.
- Water– use more or less depending on the desired concentration
- Ice– serve the drink over ice for best enjoyment
- Use a melon/coconut shredder to scrape and shred the flesh. If a melon scraper is not available, you can use the tines of a fork.
- For extra flavor, add a few drops of vanilla extract.
How to serve
- Serve this melon chiller over ice for the best enjoyment
- Consume the drink immediately once the condensed milk is added as chemical compounds in the melon react to the milk over time, resulting in an acrid or bitter taste.
Cut melon into half. With a spoon, scrape seeds and pulp.
Place pulp and seeds in a bowl, add 1 cup of the water, and repeatedly press down with the back of a spoon to extract the juice. In a fine-mesh sieve, strain. Discard seeds and reserve the juice.
Using a melon shredder, shred cantaloupe meat.
In a pitcher, combine shredded cantaloupe, the reserved juice (from straining pulp), and the remaining 3 cups water.
Add condensed milk and stir to disperse. Serve in glasses over ice. Consume immediately.