The Following Philippine Drama Royal Bibingka Replay in HD Video Quality Online. Stay Tuned To Watch The Latest PinoyFlix as Well as Pinoy Tambayan on Daily Basis. Royal Bibingka Today Full Episode at Pinoy Lambingan.
Royal Bibingka PinoyFlix
Royal Bibingka is super easy to make in under 30 minutes and so delicious! This Filipino rice cake made of glutinous rice is soft, chewy, cheesy, and gluten-free, too. It’s traditionally served on Christmastime but there’s no reason not to enjoy it year-round!
If you’re looking for the ultimate dessert to round off your Noche Buena feast, this delicious sticky rice cake is for you! Like bibingka and puto bumbong, Royal bibingka is traditionally associated with the Christmas season but unlike the two which use regular rice batter, this Vigan version is made of glutinous rice flour for a chewy, mochi-like texture.
This Filipino delicacy is not only delicious, but it’s also easy to make for a crowd or anytime cravings. You can have a whole pan ready to enjoy in five simple steps and 30 minutes!
Plus, the recipe requires seven simple ingredients you probably already have on hand. There’s also no fancy equipment needed; just a whisk to combine the batter together.
- Make the batter. In a bowl, whisk the glutinous rice flour, sugar, coconut milk, evaporated milk, and eggs into a thin, smooth batter.
- Transfer to a baking dish. You can use a baking dish, ramekins, or cast-iron skillet. Grease the inside of the pan with butter to keep the cake from sticking. Or line with banana leaves brushed with butter to add aroma.
- Bake in a 350 F oven. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish and bake in the preheated oven. Insert a toothpick in the center to check for doneness; if it comes out clean the bibingka is cooked. It should take about 15 to 20 minutes for the mixture to set, if using a 11 x 9 pan. If using an 8 x 8 pan, the cake will be thicker and would require a longer cook time.
- Add the toppings. Remove the pan from the oven and brush with butter and sprinkle with sugar and shredded cheese.
- Bake. Return to the oven and bake for another 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and top is golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing.
The sticky rice cake might puff up during baking. Don’t worry, just push down gently to subside.
How to serve and store
- This Vigan royal bibingka is traditionally served during Christmas season but there’s no reason why you shouldn’t enjoy it year-round. It’s super easy to make in the oven and makes a tasty snack or dessert treat with coffee or your favorite cold drinks.
- To store leftovers, cover the pan tightly with plastic film and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- The sticky rice cake tend to harden when cold. To serve, heat in the microwave for a few seconds until soft and warm.