The Following Philippine Drama Suman Malagkit with Coconut Caramel Sauce Replay in HD Video Quality Online. Stay Tuned To Watch The Latest PinoyFlix as Well as Pinoy Tambayan on Daily Basis. Suman Malagkit with Coconut Caramel Sauce Today Pinoy at Lambingan.
Suman Malagkit with Coconut Caramel Sauce PinoyFlix
Suman Malagkit with Coconut Caramel Sauce steamed in banana leaves is the perfect snack or dessert. This Filipino sticky rice is soft, chewy, and made extra delicious with a rich and creamy sauce. It’s seriously addictive!
I saw this suman malagkit recipe on The Skinny Pot, and I knew I had to try it pronto. Her photos looked delectable; I couldn’t wait to sink my teeth into my very own batch of this classic Filipino treat.
But although I had all the ingredients in my pantry plus frozen banana leaves in my freezer, I was somewhat disappointed that mangoes are not in season because really, what better compliments fragrant suman than sweet, juicy slices of this fruit? Salted coconut caramel sauce, that’s what!
You guys, that rich, creamy golden sauce? Amah-zing! One dunk of my suman in that glorious liquid gold and mangoes were all forgotten.
The sticky rice cake is delicious, but the caramel is the star of the show in my opinion. It’s seriously so good, you’d want it on EVERYTHING.
Plus, it’s super easy to make with only three ingredients! You can make it ahead of time or double the recipe and keep in the refrigerator for anytime cravings.
What is suman malagkit
Suman Malagkit is a Filipino delicacy made from glutinous rice cooked in sweetened coconut milk and a pinch of salt until half-done. The mixture is wrapped in banana leaves and then boiled or steamed until soft and chewy.
The sticky rice cake is usually served with brown sugar, latik, caramel sauce, or a side of juicy mangoes. It’s a filling snack or dessert and delicious with a cup of hot chocolate, coffee, or tea.
- Glutinous rice– locally called “malagkit” in the Philippines. It is also known as sweet rice or sticky rice. It has a white grain that turns shiny, translucent, and sticky when cooked.
- Granulated sugar– used to sweeten the sticky rice.
- Salt– balances the sweetness
- Coconut milk – while freshly-pressed coconut milk delivers the best flavor, canned coconut milk provides a convenient alternative. You can also try the powder form and reconstitute it according to package directions.
- Brown sugar– gives the sauce a richer caramel flavor and amber color.